Monday, October 20, 2008

My Inspiration, and My New Blog

All my life I wanted to be the perfect homemaker - something my Grandmother instilled in me from a young age. I remember sometimes feeling resentful towards her ceaseless attempts to teach me about cooking and cleaning, keeping house and serving others. I shared these feelings with her one day in her kitchen when I accused, "What are you trying to do, make me a ready-made wife?!" It makes me laugh to remember, but that is exactly what she was trying to do - prepare me for my ultimate calling in life, Motherhood.

My own Mother taught by example. She entirely devoted herself to the well being of her family, making countless sacrifices in our behalf. She taught me the value of tradition and taking pride in my work - anything worth doing is worth doing well, and she made everything in life beautiful and special.

I have taken feeble stabs at Decorating like my mother, cooking like my Grandmother, sewing like my Mother in-law, and hosting like my Aunts and the women I grew up with in my home Ward Relief Society. All these women have inspired me, and they have set the bar very high. So, that's what this new Blog is all about. My attempts at cooking, crafting, and mothering (since I am expecting my first baby - a boy - in January). I am going to share with you recipes and projects that I have found or created, and hopefully you can find something you like here.

5 comments:

Christy Dyer said...

Good for you Lauren! You do have a gift for these things so go for it! We will be anxiously awaiting each entry.

Ben and Shara said...

Yeah, I'm so excited. Maybe I can learn a thing or two. When is your next entry???

Candice said...

Shane is a lucky man. I have a feeling that Shane Jr./Baby boy Dyer might be even luckier still.

Carrie said...

I am already inspired! I can't wait for all of your advice.

Julianne said...

hip hip hooray! I can't wait!