Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Simple Pillow Project

Shane and I have been thinking lately that we need more finishing touches around here. So, I thought a quick and inexpensive way to get started would be to make some new pillows to go on our very empty chairs and couches.

This pattern is for a 16"x 11" lumbar pillow. You can make it out of any fabric you like. I used cotton fabrics - solid ivory on the back, and it closes with two wooden buttons. If you are interested in making one, let me know and I'll send you the pattern.

10 comments:

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

Very cute. I love the fabric. I need to start doing some crafts to spice up our place...

ashley schmutz said...

I know, where do you find your fabrics? All I can ever find is some cute amy butler stuff, but it's getting a bit too cutesy for me, you know? Let me know if you don't mind sharing your secrets...

candicerail said...

That is a great idea...pillows. You have inspired me so much that I am asking for a sewing machine for Christmas.

Shane ( team rad ) said...

great pillow babe

Caroline said...

Great pillow and I love that bench. Where did you get it?

Lauren Dyer said...

It's actually a funny little chair that belongs to my sister. I think she picked it up at an antique store back east.

Lauren Dyer said...

Also,

I get my fabrics at:

The Cotton Shop - Provo
The American Quilting Co. - Orem
Moda - online
Purl Soho - online

Christy Dyer said...

You never fail to amaze me!

Ben and Summer said...

Hey! I found you:) Great pillows! I would never be able to look at fabric like that and see how great it would turn out on a pillow. You're so creative!

Stacy said...

i am in process of making some pillows myself! we have been painting and decorating our living room this past week. i would love to take a look at this pattern!