Friday, December 5, 2008

I Heart Mercury Glass

My house growing up was a Winter Wonder Land for the whole month of December. My Mother has the most beautiful decorations - The Snow Village, The Carolers, Her Santa Collection, the Nativities, and the beautiful unique details she puts around every inch of the house.

My very favorite part about Christmas at home is the White Tree. Every branch is carefully wrapped with lights, so that it's glowing from the inside out, and it is adorned with all manner of glass ornaments of various sizes - all silver and white, and hand made snowflakes, and white birds, and crystal garlands, and white bows, and birch branches, and a beautiful Angel at the top. The bottom of the tree is surrounded with red poinsettias - about 25. It is heavenly. I wish that I was gifted enough with words to do it justice. Every year I sit and stare at it in amazement, and I get that magical feeling of Christmas where everything feels perfect and right.

I think all of the members of my family will have a White Tree in their own homes eventually. This is the first year I am attempting my own. It takes years to collect all the beautiful things that my Mother has on her tree and in her house, but I am happy to be where I am right now with a handful of glass ornaments and some pretty lights.

1 comment:

Candice said...

I would love to see a picture of this heavenly tree. It is a beautiful idea.