Monday, June 20, 2011

We are Surviving

I told a friend the other day that we are surviving, and that sometimes it feels like drowning, but we are making progress!

James and I are taking a break right now, eating oreos, and playing catch.

So, here's the update on the house:
We have painted nearly every room the wrong color once or twice - we're a 1/4 of the way there.
We are no longer sleeping on an air mattress.
The wood floor is IN in the Family room and Living room - still a way to go.
The counter demo/installation is DONE.
The subway tile backsplash is DONE.
We have A LOT of things to finish before we can move all the way in, and we have just a handful of days left to be out of our place.

The update on us:
Last week was CRAZY. I was rear-ended and had to go to Labor and Delivery 3 times to be monitored.
Shane split his knee open, I sealed it up with super-glue, but he still had to go to urgent care for a tetanus shot.
James got really sick, and had to be taken to the emergency room, and it now on anti-biotics.
Shane left for Utah this morning for 2 days to see his Parents off to be set apart and enter the MTC, and will be on a YM High adventure for the remainder of the week. So, any progress on the house/move has been left largely to me.

In the midst of all of this, we have been having a lot of fun spending time with Shane's parents and Dan, Minna, and kids. We have made a lot of progress, and I KNOW we will finish in time - without killing ourselves.

I am excited to show you the progress and transformation....soon I hope.

3 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

WOW. I thought my life was crazy! Congrats on the house and not killing anyone! Can't wait to see pictures:)

ashley schmutz said...

first off, how are you surviving? that sounds INSANE! secondly, we were just in utah seeing mason's parents off! they're in the mtc with your inlaws right now. crazy.

prince said...

satta king Play Bazaar