Saturday, June 27, 2009

James

He is 5 1/2 months old right now. He started sitting up a few weeks ago, but it was still so fun to see him hanging out on the crash pad, blowing raspberries, when I came home today.

For as hard as he was the first couple of months , he is equally easy now. He sleeps 11-12 hours every night (without waking up, since he was 3 1/2 months..hallelujah! It contributes greatly to my personal well-being), and he is the happiest baby! He smiles and laughs all the time.

Also, he is a MAJOR thumb-sucker. It's his favorite thing to do, besides chew on his burp cloths. And, of course, he is still extremely active, rolling all-over the place all the time, and trying to crawl. He's growing like a weed, still in the 90th percentile for height, and people tell me everyday that life as I know it will soon be over. I have visions of my baby in a harness dragging me all over and destroying everything in his path.

However, despite the impending doom, I am amazed at how happy I am as a mother. Nothing could have prepared me for the amount of love and adoration Shane and I have for this child. And, I'm sure that when the next stage begins, and every inch of this house has to be baby-proofed, and things are being destroyed left and right, I will love him even more than I do now.

4 comments:

Rachel Kirkham said...

Lauren he is such a doll! I love that he is sitting up and slowly becoming mobile. I can't wait until Chloe can sit up! He is beautiful and I am so impressed with you! Love that thumb sucking too - Chloe has a love affair with her thumb as well :)

Shane D. said...

he already wants tools like his dad

Christy Dyer said...

Lauren ilove how you put your heart on you blog. In years to come james will love to read of your adoration & when he becomes a teen you may need a reminder of your adoration for Jim! Thanks for a fun weekend. We enjoyed being with you.

B and C said...

I saw your blog on Candice's. I would love to add you to my list if that's alright with you. Look like you have some great tips and posts. Exciting!